Good afternoon everyone! I don’t normally post on Thursdays, but I had the privilege of being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Matt at Jesusluvsall, and I literally couldn’t wait to nominate my own candidates 😂.
I want to thank our friend for thinking of me and use this opportunity to recommend his site. He actually writes multiple blogs: on Life and Faith, on Living with Celiacs, one with incredibly clever Christian Short Stories, and another with some very helpful, basic English Lessons. Hopefully I didn’t miss any. What an array of talents, Matt! Thank you for sharing them with us.
With that said, let’s get to it!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 Questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the Nominees 11 new questions.
Matt’s Questions for Me:
1. Where is your favorite place you have traveled to and why?
Western Samoa. Because it is unbelievably beautiful, both with regard to the people and the scenery, and because it is my heritage (on my father’s side).
2. What is a book you have read that impacted you?
3. If I visited your city, what are places to see?
4. Fall is here in the Northern Hemisphere. What if anything do you like about the fall?
My favorite thing about Fall would have to be a tie between seeing the colors change, and scarves! I probably have 8-10 of them, and I love when it’s cool enough to break them out.
5. What is a quote that means something to you?
My favorite Bible quote right now is in Mark 2:17: “They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance” (KJV).
My favorite secular quote right now is by Joshua Straub: “We all deserve [therapy]. It’s not for crazy people. It’s for broken people, and there’s not a person on this planet who’s not broken.”
To me, they say the same thing. We are all broken. We all need Jesus. But resources are plenty and freely available, so don’t buy into the adversary’s lie that you must deserve or earn love, just go after it.
6. If Jesus were to knock on your door, what would you think?
If Jesus were to knock on our door, I would want my kids to meet Him! And I would probably bawl.
7. What is a favorite food of yours you suggest I try, has to be gluten free because I have Celiacs.
Pickup Limes Classic Garlic & Lemon Hummus. You mentioned you love hummus, and this recipe is simple and delicious. She has a lot of different variations on her website as well.
8. Where do you like to be when you write in your blog?
I don’t have a legit setup, so it varies between my bed, and our $15 yard sale computer desk with a small triangle camping chair 🤣.
9. Do you have a favorite snack or drink you like to enjoy while you write in your blog?
Water. I don’t usually eat while I write.
10. What is a movie that inspired you and why?
Can I choose a TV show? We are watching Leverage right now, and, if you haven’t seen it— do. It’s essentially a more modern version of the old classic: The A-Team. Not only is it clean and hilarious, but it’s inspiring because they are always helping someone! And, it’s included with Amazon Prime!
11. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas!!! All. Year. Round. I love how people treat each other during the Christmas season, I love my Savior, I love chocolate, and I love spending time with and spoiling my family.
My Nominees (Should They Choose to Participate) Are:
- Cathy at Wiser, Stronger, Better. She motivates me to get out more and shares inspiring quotes on the reg.
- Pene’ at Pene’ Pasta for the Soul. She writes about finding joy and gratitude amidst real life.
- H.A. Hood, who writes about everything from life with kids, to identity and perspective. I love her insights and her positive attitude.
- Greg at Don’t Let The Days Go By, where he shares witty tales from the ’90s in short story form, based on his personal history.
- Laurie at Meditations in Motion, who writes about all things running, plus: scriptural insights, forwarded link-up gatherings, and glimpses into her life. She honestly is just so well-written. I know you will love her.
- Tammy at Practically Country. She shares great recipes and glimpses of country living with the promise that what she shares will be tried and true!
- Kathy at KN J Tales and Snippets, for her faith and life lessons wrapped up in short, relatable stories we can all appreciate.
- The Weekday Morning Mom, who wears it all on her sleeve as she shares her life lessons with us.
- 3 Boys 3 Billion Books, for her great book reviews, complete with her insights on parenting 3 boys!
- Judith at True Self. I love her mission, her honesty, and her spirit. Her recent post on Ego was so illuminating. You must read it for yourself.
- Last, but not least, Our Place of Purpose, for their great homeschooling resources and referrals, and their creativity with their kids.
With a few exceptions, I tried to keep my nominations to us newbies, so, please, go and show them some love!
Questions for My Nominees:
- How long have you been blogging for and why did you start?
- What makes a blog article worth sticking around for— one you truly enjoy reading?
- What is your favorite thing about Fall?
- What is your go-to drink?
- What favorite treat really hits the sweet spot for you?
- Tell me about a favorite date or share a great date night idea.
- Do you have a favorite family tradition?
- What book(s) are you reading right now?
- What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
- Do you have a secret or hidden talent?
- What is one way you served or blessed someone else recently?
Thank you all for joining our journey here at Progress in Bloom. Most of you are new friends as I haven’t been blogging for long, but I love getting to know you and seeing through your eyes.
Here’s to this great community we are blessed to be a part of. Keep writing!