I want to thank my friends at jesusluvsall and Herry Chic Counsels for tagging me to participate in the October “What Kind of Pumpkin Are You?” Tag. I had a lot of fun reading their answers as well, so please head on over there if you missed it ❤ .
Per the originator this tag is not about celebrating a given holiday the same way, but rather about enjoying the goodness in every season: “Being a Christian means we are like a pumpkin to be carved out and for God’s love to shine through, which brings us to the question of this tag… What kind of pumpkin are you?“
- Thank the person who tagged you and link their post to yours.
- Link the original post so the creators can read them
- Use the original featured image and include it in your post.
- Copy and paste the meaning of the tag into your post (see featured image).
- Answer the questions.
- Tag at least one person.
- Have fun and enjoy the rest of your month! I love the meaning behind this tag…
1. Do you celebrate Halloween? Why or why not?
Yes and no. I don’t enjoy horror. I watched several scary movies as a teenager, before I came to realize that the images I expose my mind to stay put, for good or for ill.
I haven’t watched scary movies or been to a haunted house since. I want to be somewhere I would be comfortable being if Jesus were there.
However, I do enjoy the lighter side of Halloween. We bob for apples. My husband makes the BEST chili. The kids dress up in friendly costumes. That said, I also don’t generally spend money on costumes or decorations, so Joe and I keep outfits fairly simple — either something I know we will use again, or a gift from grandma 😂.
2. Do you like to watch scary movies? Why or why not?
Nope. See above 😊.
3. Name 3 of your greatest fears.
Losing a family member, not being able to handle adversity when it comes, BUGS
4. When was the last time you scared someone?
Sometimes Joe and I will jump out from behind doors to startle each other. He always sees it coming, so I don’t know if that counts.
5. Do you believe in ghosts, angels, and/or demons?
I believe in the adversary. I believe he is real and has agents at his disposal. I don’t know what that looks like, but I have felt that loss of the Spirit before and prayed for safety.
I also believe in Heaven and angels, though I can’t pinpoint a specific experience. But I know God is watching over me ❤ .
6. Do you ever get déjà vu? What do you think it means?
At least once a month, maybe more. It’s a crazy feeling, and my brother doesn’t believe me, hahaa!
I think maybe it’s dreams I’ve had that I don’t remember until it happens, and it’s God’s way of confirming a given path or telling me to pay attention to that moment, but I honestly don’t know.
7. What are two of your favorite candies?
Ice Cream Cake. Does that count??
I am tagging…
Anyone reading this who would like to participate and hasn’t yet. October is slowly waning to a close!
Here’s to enjoying the beautiful, fall season.