Does anyone else remember Colbie Caillat? She was my jam in high school ♫♪. And so when I saw she was being interviewed on Cathy Heller’s podcast Don’t Keep Your Day Job, I had to listen.
It’s not a podcast I usually frequent, but I’m converted — because just two weeks later there was an incredible interview for entrepreneurs from Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran! And, fun fact for you guys: that’s my favorite TV show.
So, here are two great episodes, and my personal takeaways. Feel free to check out the link for Cathy’s own takeaways as well (she has a super useful bullet point recap at the end of each of her episodes, and in her show notes!)
- The whole interview literally felt like a hug. The message being: YOU ARE ENOUGH.
- Did you know Colbie Caillat tried out for American Idol with Bubbly and was rejected? So listen to your trusted peeps, but don’t be afraid to go after your dreams amid less than enthusiastic reception!
- Nail down your WHY for whatever that dream is. It will give you strength and roots for when things get difficult, and they will.
- Don’t wait to be perfect to put something out there! You learn as you go.
- Continually be adapting and tailoring things. Expect and even embrace change.
- Just like with parenting, in business it’s all about relationships. Be genuine. Develop meaningful relationships with your consumers.
Here’s to no dream being too big!