Today I’m excited to introduce a special collaboration tag to you: Hoppy Tales, created by myself as well as friends and fellow bloggers: Bhagyashree over at inkandthoughts.com, and Kathy at knj.home.blog.
Does anyone else remember sending around a piece of paper and writing pass-along stories with your friends growing up? If you enjoyed it, we think you might enjoy this, too.
Just as there are five parts in a traditional plot structure, we will have:
- An Introduction
- A Problem
- A Climax
- A Resolution
- A Conclusion
You will be tagged to complete one of these five elements, along with given a theme (such as: beauty of simplicity, comedy, overcoming fear, love and romance, youth and beauty, coming of age, circle of life, friendship, empowerment).
- Provide a link back to the creators (Of Progress and Purpose, KNJ Snippets & Tales, and Ink and Thoughts) so that we can see what you write!
- Share “The Tag” and “The Rules” to help eliminate confusion.
- Thank the person who tagged you and link back to their portion of the story.
- Write your element within 3-4 days and try to keep it to around 50-60 words.
- Choose one or more persons to continue the story and assign them a theme.
- You may wish to let them know ahead of time in the comments, so that they can opt out if they don’t want to participate.
- If you write a conclusion, whoever you tag will start a new story of their own.
- If you tag more than one person, your readers will be able to choose their own adventure!
- Have fun with it! You are all so creative and inspiring, We can’t wait!
And so without further ado…
The theme I will be kicking this off with is: Overcoming Fear
Kathy moved quickly, narrowly missing the rocks and roots scattered about the forest floor. A branch grazed her cheek once or twice, but she pressed most of them away with her free hand. In her remaining hand, she held fast to a new beginning, her heart beating nearly out of her chest. Hope bubbled inside her with each new step.
Don’t Let the Days Go By to continue with “A Problem”, using the theme: Comedy
Here’s to all of you creative writers out there! Though it’s not a natural talent of mine personally, I truly enjoy reading your works.