I’m showing up on the fly here with a free printable for you.
Yesterday, I watched a video on @8minuteclasses, with one of my personal favorites, Brooke Snow, talking about “How to Feel Better Now”. Um. Yes, please.
In the video, Brooke mentions this quote:
The better you feel, the more committed you are to the protocol… The worse you feel, the more committed you are to the protocol.Phil Stutz
Then, she asks the question, so, what is “the protocol”?
She goes on to explain, essentially, “the protocol” is habits of self-care! — Not “would-be-nice” self-care, but must-get-in-every-day-in-order-to-be-my-best-self self-care.
This got me thinking, what does that kind of self-care look like for me? What is my protocol?
Here is what I came up with:
- Having a daily affirmation or focus
- Getting dressed for the day
- Getting outside each day
- Feeling like I accomplished at least one thing on my to-do list
- Spending one-on-one time with my kids, my spouse, and my Savior
- Making time for myself each day doing something that lights my soul
- Reflecting over the day, what went well, what could go better, and what I am grateful for (and writing it down)
- Exercising and moving by body each day
- Eating mindfully
- Staying hydrated
It’s a big list! At least, it feels that way. So, I asked, how do I keep track of all of this? Can I break it down into something I do every day?
I researched a few journals, but eventually decided (since this is my personal protocol) it needed a personal touch.
Your protocol might be completely different! That’s okay! But, since I had to make one anyway, I thought I would share the fruits with all of you:
Please note: this is only a 10-day journal, but you can print multiple copies if need be. I designed it to be double-sided, so hopefully that helps!
Here’s to taking care of ourselves.